AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station Review
|AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station combines the latest methodology in weather prediction modeling with the related effects of current localized weather observations to provide a reliable, accurate forecast of weather conditions personalized for your exact location.
AcuRite’s patented self-calibrating weather forecasters use a unique algorithm to analyze changes in pressure and temperature over 14 days (called 14-day learning mode) to determine your altitude. Measuring changes in barometric pressure adjusted for your location’s altitude is a proven method for determining the future weather forecast. Self-Calibrating Forecasting Technology makes AcuRite weather stations simple to install and extremely accurate.
AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station’s illuminated color display features indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, rainfall, wind speed/direction/chill, the weather forecast, heat index, dew point, wind chill, barometric pressure with 12-hour history, time and date. Display stands upright for tabletop use or is wall-mountable. The AcuRite Professional Weather Station uses patented Self-Calibrating Technology to provide your personal forecast of 12 to 24 hour weather conditions. Self-Calibrating Forecasting is generated from weather data measured by the 5-in-1 sensor in your yard – giving you the most accurate forecast available for your exact location.
|At a Glance|
|User Rating :|
|Category :||Weather Station|
|Ave Price :||$129.99|
|Size :||8.1 x 2.6 x 6.8 inches|
|Weight :||5.1 ounces|
|Batteries :||10 AA|
|Read More on Amazon|
|Final Rating : 93|
Top 5 Best Weather Stations**Weather Stations which have more than 100 customers reviews.
|Rank||Name||Product||Rating||Read more||See Prices|
|1-||Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station||95||Read More|
|2-||AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station||93||AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station Review||Read More|
|3-||AcuRite 75077 Weather Forecaster with Jumbo Display||93||AcuRite 75077 Weather Forecaster with Jumbo Display Review||Read More|
|4-||AcuRite 01500 Wireless Weather Station||92||Read More|
|5-||AcuRite 00622 Pro Color Weather Station||92||Read More|
Useful information about AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station
Set the Time, Date & Units
Press the “SET” button, located on the front of the display, to enter SET MODE. Once in set mode, the preference you are currently setting will blink on the display.
To adjust the currently selected (flashing) item, press and release the “T“ or “V“ buttons (press and HOLD to fast adjust).
To save your adjustments, press and release the “SET” button again to adjust the next preference.
Display Backlight Settings
AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station’s color display features three different lighting settings: High (100%) brightness, Medium (60%) brightness and Low (30%) brightness.
Using battery power alone, the backlight is available momentarily for 10 seconds by pressing the “ ” button.
When display is powered with the power adapter, backlight remains on at 100% brightness. Press “ ” button once to dim to 60% brightness; press again to dim to 30%, press a 3rd time to enter “AUTO DIM” mode. “AUTO
DIM” will appear below the time.
Placement for Maximum Accuracy
AcuRite sensors are sensitive to surrounding environmental conditions. Proper placement of both the display and the sensor are critical to the accuracy and performance of this product.
Place the display in a dry area free of dirt and dust. To ensure accurate temperature measurement, place out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources or vents. Display stands upright for tabletop use or is wall-mountable.
5-in-1 Sensor Placement
The 5-in-1 sensor is designed to remain outdoors all year long. Choose an open location with no obstructions above or around the sensor for the most accurate measurements.
Important Placement Guidelines
Display and sensor must be within 330 feet (100 m) of each other.
MAXIMIZE WIRELESS RANGE
Place units away from large metallic items, thick walls, metal surfaces, or other objects that may limit wireless communication.
PREVENT WIRELESS INTERFERENCE
Place both units at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronic devices (TV, computer, microwave, radio, etc.).
LOCATE AWAY FROM HEAT SOURCES
Position sensor away from heaters, air conditioners, chimneys, exhaust vents, asphalt and concrete (surfaces that radiate heat).
LOCATE AWAY FROM HUMIDITY SOURCES
Avoid installing the sensor near pools, spas, or other bodies of water. Water sources may impact humidity accuracy.
LOCATE AWAY FROM SPRINKLER HEADS
DO NOT install the sensor where it will be sprayed by a sprinkler system. This may force water inside the sensor.
LOCATE AWAY FROM WIND & RAIN OBSTRUCTIONS
DO NOT mount the sensor with obstructions around it.
Consider a location that is a wide open area, with few structures around to ensure accurate wind measurement.
5-in-1 Sensor Installation Guidelines
Mount the sensor at a minimum height of 5 feet (1.5 meters) off the ground, in an open area. Higher is better for wind measurements – The National Weather Service recommends 33 feet high!
The included mounting bracket it designed to screw directly onto wooden posts or surfaces that are 2×4 or larger. The sensor can also be mounted directly to common 3/4” steel pipe (available at hardware
stores and home centers).
Use the bubble level (included on top of sensor) to ensure level installation for accurate wind measurement.
SOLAR CELL INSTALLATION
Install the sensor with the solar cell facing SOUTH. This ensures the cell receives as much sun as possible and orients wind direction.
Clear Data Collected During Installation
When installation is complete, press and HOLD “CLEAR ALL/RESET” button, located on the back of the display inside the battery compartment, to clear erroneous data from the display.
Basic Setup is Complete
The 5-in-1 sensor will now synchronize with the display. It may take a few minutes for synchronization to complete. If both or one of the units appear to be functioning improperly, please refer to the troubleshooting section.
Using the Professional Weather Center
Self-Calibrating Forecasting use a unique algorithm to analyze changes in pressure over a time period (called Learning Mode) to determine your altitude. After 14 days, the Learning Mode icon disappears from the display screen. At this point, the self-calibrated pressure is tuned in to your location and the unit is ready for superior weather prediction.
AcuRite’s patented Self-Calibrating Forecasting provides your personal forecast of weather conditions for the next 12 to 24 hours by collecting data from the sensor in your backyard. It generates a forecast with pinpoint accuracy – personalized for your exact location.
Weather Select displays data including wind chill, dew point, heat index, feel like, days with rain this month, and days since last recorded rainfall. To change the “Weather Select” category shown, press the “SELECT” button on the front of the display.
Subtle variations in barometric pressure greatly affect the weather. This weather center displays the current pressure with an arrow icon to indicate the direction the pressure is trending (FALLING, STEADY, or RISING).
AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station features enhanced tracking of historical rainfall data. Rain accumulation data is recorded for today, over all-time, by year, by month, and by rainfall event. Press the “RAINFALL” button to review rainfall records
Problem Possible Solution No outdoor sensor reception – no bars
- Relocate the display and/or the 5-in-1 sensor. The units must be within 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with the wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in sensor when temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). Do not use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take a few minutes for display and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
- Synchronize the units:
- Bring both the sensor and display indoors and remove power adapter/batteries from each.
- Reinstall batteries in outdoor sensor.
- Reinstall power adapter/batteries in display.
- Let the units sit within a couple feet of each other for a few minutes to gain a strong connection.
Outdoor temperature is flashing or showing dashes
Flashing of the outdoor temperature may be an indication of wireless interference.
- Make sure the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display and sensor are switched to the same letter. You may choose A, B or C; but both units must match to sync up. Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
- Weather Forecast icon predicts conditions for the next 12 to 24 hours, not current conditions.
- Has Learning Mode icon disappeared from the display? Learning Mode must complete before forecast and pressure will be accurate.
- Allow unit to run continuously for 33 days. Battery removal or resetting the display will restart Learning Mode. After 14 days, forecast should be fairly accurate, however Learning Mode calibrates for a total of 33 days.
Inaccurate temperature or humidity
- Make sure both the display and 5-in-1 sensor are placed away from any heat sources or vents.
- Make sure both units are positioned away from moisture sources.
- Make sure 5-in-1 sensor is mounted at least 5 ft off of the ground.
- Calibrate indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity.
- Check to ensure the rain gauge stabilizer (plastic tab) has been removed from the bottom of the sensor.
- Clear debris, such as leaves, out of the rain collector funnel and debris screen.
- Calibrate the Rain Gauge.
Inaccurate wind readings
- What is wind reading being compared to? AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Stations are typically mounted at 30 ft high or more. Make sure to compare data using a sensor positioned at the same mounting height.
- Check location of the sensor. Ensure it’s mounted a minimum of 5 ft in the air with no obstructions around it (within several feet).
- Ensure wind cups are spinning freely. If they hesitate or stop try lubricating with graphite powder or spray lubricant.
Display screen not working
- Check that the batteries are installed correctly. Batteries may need to be replaced.
- Reset the display by pressing and holding the CLEAR ALL/RESET button, located in the battery compartment of the display. Date and time will need to be entered after a reset.