|Plan the day with confidence with your own weather and weather prediction information – pinpoint accuracy right from your own backyard. The AcuRite Digital Weather Station uses patented Self-Calibrating Technology to provide your personal forecast of 12 to 24 hour weather conditions. Self-Calibrating Forecasting is generated from weather data measured by a sensor in your yard – giving you the most accurate forecast available for your exact location.
The bold, easy to read LCD screen includes indoor / outdoor temperature with daily high / low readings, and a self-setting clock and calendar. Atomic clock and calendar set themselves to the correct time and date with split-second precision, and adjust for Daylight Saving Time.
Display stands upright for tabletop use or is wall-mountable. The outdoor sensor features powerful wireless technology, a weather-resistant design and an integrated hanger for easy mounting. One-year limited warranty.
|At a Glance|
|User Rating :|
|Category :||Weather Station|
|Ave Price :||$64.75|
|Wireless Range:||330 ft / 100 m|
|Operating Frequency:||433 Mhz|
|Batteries :||5 AA|
|Read More on Amazon|
|Final Rating : 93|
Top 5 Best Weather Stations**Weather Stations which have more than 100 customers reviews.
|Rank||Name||Product||Rating||Read more||See Prices|
|1-||Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station||95||Read More|
|2-||AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station||93||AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station Review||Read More|
|3-||AcuRite 75077 Weather Forecaster with Jumbo Display||93||AcuRite 75077 Weather Forecaster with Jumbo Display Review||Read More|
|4-||AcuRite 01500 Wireless Weather Station||92||Read More|
|5-||AcuRite 00622 Pro Color Weather Station||92||Read More|
Useful information about AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station
Set the Time & Date
The display unit will automatically start in SET mode after batteries have been installed. Enter SET mode at any time by pressing the “SET” button, located on the back of the display unit. Once in set mode, the preference you are
currently setting will blink on the display. To adjust the currently selected (flashing) item, press and release the “+” or “–“ buttons (press and HOLD to fast adjust). To save your adjustments, press and release the “SET” button again to adjust the next preference.
You will automatically exit SET MODE if no buttons are pressed for 30 seconds. Enter setup mode at any time by pressing the “SET” button.
Select Degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius
To select between degrees Fahrenheit (ºF) or Celsius (ºC) temperature units, press the “ºF/ºC” button located on the back of the display unit.
Placement for Maximum Accuracy
AcuRite sensors are sensitive to surrounding environmental conditions. Proper placement of both the display unit and outdoor sensor are critical to the accuracy and performance of this product.
Display Unit Placement
Place the display unit in a dry area free of dirt and dust. Display unit stands upright for tabletop use or is wall-mountable.
Outdoor Sensor Placement
Sensor must be placed outside to observe outdoor conditions. Sensor is water resistant and is designed for general outdoor use, however, to extend its life place the sensor in an area protected from direct weather elements.
Hang the sensor using the integrated hang holes or hanger, or by using string (not included) to hang it from a suitable location, like a well covered tree branch. The best location is 4 to 8 feet above the ground with permanent shade and plenty of fresh air to circulate around the sensor.
Important Placement Guidelines
- To ensure accurate temperature measurement, place units out of direct sunlight and away from any heat sources or vents.
- Display unit and outdoor sensor must be within 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- To maximize wireless range, place units away from large metallic items, thick walls, metal surfaces, or other objects that may limit wireless communication.
- To prevent wireless interference, place both units at least 3 ft (.9 m) away from electronic devices (TV, computer, microwave, radio, etc.).
Using the Weather Forecaster
Self-Calibrating Forecasting uses a unique algorithm to analyze changes in pressure over a time period (called Learning Mode) to determine your altitude. After 14 days, the Learning Mode icon disappears from the display screen. At this point, the self-calibrated pressure is tuned in to your location and the unit is ready for superior weather prediction.
AcuRite’s patented Self-Calibrating Forecasting provides your personal forecast of weather conditions for the next 12 to 24 hours by collecting data from the sensor in your backyard. It generates a forecast with pinpoint accuracy – personalized for your exact location.
No outdoor sensor reception – no bars
If the wireless signal indicator shows no bars:
- Relocate the display unit and/or the outdoor sensor. The units must be within 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with the wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in sensor when temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). Do not use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take up to 20 minutes for display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
Display screen not working
- Check that the batteries are installed correctly. Batteries may need to be replaced.
Outdoor temperature is flashing or showing dashes
Flashing of the outdoor temperature is generally an indication of wireless interference.
- Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors and remove at least one battery from each.
- Make sure the A-B-C switch on both units match.
- Reinstall the battery in the outdoor sensor.
- Reinstall the battery in the display unit.
- Let the units sit within a couple feet of each other for about 20 minutes to gain a strong connection.
- Weather Forecast icon predicts conditions for the next 12 to 24 hours, not current conditions.
- Has Learning Mode icon disappeared from the display unit? Learning Mode must complete before forecast and pressure will be accurate.
- Allow unit to run continuously for 33 days. Battery removal or resetting the display unit will restart Learning Mode. After 14 days, forecast should be fairly accurate, however Learning Mode calibrates for a total of 33 days.
- Make sure both the display unit and sensor are placed out of direct sunlight and away from any heat sources or vents.