|Overview :||At a Glance|
|Balance blood pressure monitor comes with everything you need to easily keep track of your blood pressure and heart rate. Plug the power cord into the wall to charge at home, or use batteries to take it on the go in the included storage case. The upper arm cuff made from premium fabric adjusts to comfortably fit most adult users. One button controls measurements, and the large, easy-to-read LCD screen displays your results in oversized numbers. Newly 2017 updated with a premium cuff and a professional kit, this monitor measures systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well as pulse with a single button. Hypertension indicator bar and irregular heartbeat sensor alert you to any issues. Large, backlit LCD display with oversized numbers. Adjustable upper arm cuff comfortably fits most adult arm sizes from XS-XXL. Kit includes a case for convenient storage and a power cord for charging. 4 AAA batteries also included. Cleared by the FDA for use as a medical device.||User Rating :|
|Category :||Blood Pressure|
|Size :||4.3 x 4.3 x 1.6 inches|
|Weight :||11.2 ounces|
|Batteries :||4 AAA|
|Read More on Amazon|
|Final Rating : 96|
Top 5 Best Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitors
|Rank||Brand||Product||Rating||Read More||See Price|
|1-||Balance Blood Pressure Monitor||96||Balance Blood Pressure Monitor Review||Read More on Amazon|
|2-||Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor||94||Omron 5 Blood Pressure Monitor Review||Read More on Amazon|
|3-||Ozeri CardioTech BP3T Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor||94||Read More on Amazon|
|4-||Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor||93||Omron 10 Blood Pressure Monitor Review||Read More on Amazon|
|5-||Panasonic EW3109W Portable Blood Pressure Monitor||93||Panasonic EW3109W Review||Read More on Amazon|
- When the display is off, hold the “Start/Stop” button for about 3 seconds to enter set-up mode.
- Press the “UP” arrow (MEM button) or the “DOWN” arrow (USER button) to change the year, then press the “SET” button to confirm the selection.
Once you select “SET,” the next steps will appear on the screen as follows:
- Year – Month/Day – Hour/Minutes
After setup is complete, the screen will display “done,” show each of the entered settings, and turn off. The monitor is now ready to use. Fastening The Cuff
- Fasten the cuff on your upper arm, then position the tube off-center toward the inner side of the arm in line with the little finger.
- The cuff should be snug but not too tight. You should be able to insert one finger between the cuff and your arm.
- Sit comfortably with your arm resting on a flat surface.
- The middle of the cuff should be at the level of the right atrium of the heart. Before starting the measurement, sit comfortably with your legs uncrossed, feet flat on the floor, and back and arm supported.
Starting The Measurements
- With the monitor off, press the “Start/Stop” button to turn on the monitor.
- If necessary, toggle which user you want to measure as by pressing the “USER” button.
- Press the “Start/Stop” button again. The blood pressure monitor will begin the reading and finish the entire measurement.
- Press the “Start/Stop” button to power off. Otherwise, the monitor will automatically turn off within 1 minute of the reading.
- Resting for 5 minutes before measuring will give you the best reading.
- Wait at least 3 minutes between measurements. This allows your blood circulation to recover.
- For a meaningful comparison, try to measure under similar conditions. For example, take daily measurements at approximately the same time and position of upper arm, or as directed by a physician.
FAQ Why does my blood pressure measurement fluctuate from reading to reading, even if the readings are close together? Individual blood pressure varies throughout the day, even from minute to minute. It is also affected by the way you fasten your cuff and your measurement position. Make sure you measure your blood pressure under the same conditions each time you take a measurement. Also, variations in the pressure can occur due to certain medicines being taken. Lastly, waiting at least 3 minutes between measurements is recommended. Does it matter which arm i use when measuring? You can use either arm when measuring. However, to get the most consistent readings possible, it is suggested that you use the same arm each time you measure your blood pressure. My monitor has gone through multiple sets of batteries in a short period of time. is this normal? No, your monitor shouldn’t go through batteries like that. If that is the case, then your monitor may be defective. While we never want a defective product to get to a customer, occasionally that can happen. This is why we include a 2-year warranty with each monitor. For assistance with a replacement, please contact Customer Support. What kind of warranty does this blood pressure monitor come with? Each blood pressure monitor comes with a 2-year warranty that covers factory damage or defects. This does not cover accidental damage. My blood pressure monitor is displaying a strange error message. what does this mean? If your blood pressure monitor is displaying an error message, there could be something wrong with your monitor. For a list of possible errors, refer to the chart on page 15 of your owner’s manual. This chart has solutions for the errors as well. If your error isn’t on this chart or the solution doesn’t fix the problem, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.
- When the monitor is off, press the “MEM” button.
- If necessary: Toggle which user you want to view history for by pressing “USER.”
- Press “MEM” once more, and the average value of the last three records will show for that user.
- Continue selecting entries or hold the “MEM” button to scroll through previous records quickly. Press the “USER” button to switch back and forth between users.
Deleting Records When the monitor is off, press the “MEM” button. Select user, then hold down the “MEM” and “Start/Stop” buttons simultaneously. When the “Del done” screen is presented, all the records have been erased. Then, the display will turn off.
Tips for measurement It can cause inaccuracy if the measurement is taken under the following circumstances:
- Measuring within 1 hour of eating or drinking.
- Measuring after tea, coffee, or smoking.
- Measuring within 20 minutes after taking a bath.
- Measuring when talking or moving your fingers.
- Measuring in a very cold environment.
- Measuring when needing to use the restroom.
- E1 PROBLEM:The cuff is not secure SOLUTION:Refasten the cuff and then measure again
- E2 PROBLEM:The cuff is too tight SOLUTION:Readjust cuff to a comfortable fit and measure again
- E3 PROBLEM:The pressure of the cuff is excessive SOLUTIONRelax for a moment and then measure again
- E10 or E11 PROBLEM:The monitor detected motion, talking, or the pulse is too poor while measuring SOLUTION:Relax for a moment and then measure again
- E20 PROBLEM:The measurement process does not detect the pulse signal SOLUTION:Loosen the clothing on the arm and then measure again
- E21 PROBLEM:The treatment of the measurement failed SOLUTION:Relax for a moment and then measure again
- EExx PROBLEM:A calibration error occurred SOLUTION:Retake the measurement. If the problem persists, contact our customer service department for further assistance