Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer IRT3020US Review
|With an overall compact design, the Braun ThermoScan IRT 3020 is easy to use, convenient and gentle.
The infrared ear thermometer that takes readings in one second.
The Braun ThermoScan thermometer has been carefully developed for accurate, safe and fast temperature measurements in the ear. The shape of the thermometer probe prevents it from being inserted too far into the ear canal and hurting the eardrum.
This thermometer must only be used with Braun ThermoScan Lens Filters. Other lens filters can lead to inaccuracy.
To avoid inaccurate measurements always use this thermometer with a new, clean lens filter attached.
|At a Glance|
|User Rating :|
|Min Price :||$26.99|
|Size :||3.9 x 2 x 7.8 “|
|Weight :||0.3 ounces|
|Batteries :||1 AAA|
|Read More on Amazon|
|Final Rating : 87|
Compare Braun ThermometersBraun Thermoscan 5 vs 7 vs 3
|Feature||Braun Thermoscan 7|
|Braun Thermoscan 5|
|Braun Thermoscan 3
|Age Precision Technology||Yes||-||-|
|Color coded display||Yes||-||-|
|Pre-warmed tip ensures accuracy||Yes||Yes||-|
|ExacTemp guidance system function|
Light & beep alert for accurate positioning.
|Front panel display with night light||Yes||-||-|
|Memory||Last 9 readings||Last 1 reading||Last 1 reading|
|Disposible Lens Filters necessary?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Top 5 Best Ear Thermometers*** Thermometers which has more than 100 customers reviews. / Only Ear Thermometers, Not included ear+forehead models. ***
|Rank||Name||Product||Rating||Read more||See Prices|
|1-||Braun Thermoscan 5||97||Braun Thermoscan 5 Ear Thermometer (New Model) Review||Read More|
|2-||Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer (IRT 4520)||95||Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer (IRT 4520)||Read More|
|3-||Braun Thermoscan 7||95||Braun Thermoscan 7||Read More|
|4-||Iproven Ear Thermometer||93||Iproven Ear Thermometer Review||Read More|
|5-||Just-Brill||92||Just-Brill Ear Thermometer Review||Read More|
How to use your Braun ThermoScan IRT3020US
1. To achieve accurate measurements, make sure a new, clean lens filter is in place before each measurement.
2. To turn the thermometer on, push the «start» button.
3. Perform an ear tug to straighten the ear canal. This gives the thermometer a clear view of the eardrum.
An ear tug is best performed by using your free hand to grasp the outer edge of the top half of the ear. To take your own temperature, wrap your free hand around the back of your head and tug your ear from behind.
Children under 1 year: Pull the ear straight back.
Children aged 1 year to adult: Pull the ear up and back.
While tugging the ear, fit the probe snugly into the ear canal, then push the «start» button. A short beep will signal the start of the measuring process.
After one second a longer beep will signal the end of the measuring process. The result is shown on the display.
5. For the next measurement, remove the used lens filter and put on a new, clean lens filter. Clear the display by pushing the «start» button once. Fit the probe snugly into the ear canal, then push the «start» button.
As with any thermometer, proper technique is very important to obtaining accurate temperatures.
• The right ear measurement may differ from the measurement taken in the left ear. Therefore, always take the temperature in the same ear.
• The ear must be free from obstructions or excess earwax build-up to take an accurate reading.
• External factors may influence ear temperatures, including when an individual has:
– been lying on one ear or the other – had their ears covered
– been exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures, or
– been recently swimming or bathing. In these cases, remove the individual from the situation and wait 20 minutes prior to taking a temperature.
• Use the untreated ear if ear drops or other ear medications have been placed in the ear canal.