- How do you keep the ear probe clean if there are no probe covers?
To clean, simply dip a cotton swab in alcohol and swab the sensor. Make sure you wait 5-10 minutes for the alcohol to completely evaporate before using the thermometer again.
- Does Innovo thermometer store previous temperatures?
The thermometer can store up to 20 temperature readings. To access the readings stored in memory, simply do the following :
– Press and hold F2 button for about 3-6 seconds until you see “—“M on the LCD display screen
– Press the F2 button again and the screen will display the number “1” with the M signal to indicate the first recorded reading. The recorded temperature will be displayed.
– To recall the next recorded reading, press the F2 button again and the number “2” will the M signal will be displayed, indicating the second recorded reading.
– Repeat to recall earlier recordings.
- This thermometer has different readings of temps each time?
When taking multiple readings you need to make sure that you wait at least 10 seconds between every reading. The thermometer is really sensitive to small changes in temperature and very often repeated use with no pause in between readings will result in inaccurate readings due to heat caused by friction.
- Does Innovo Thermometer have a quiet mode so that i can take my child’s temp without waking her up?
There is no setting to turn the sound off but it is jusy one short beep.
- Does it show Celsius?
The Innovo Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer can measure in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Can this be a “no contact” or do you have to touch the forehead?
To use the forehead mode of the Innovo Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer, you have to make sure that the thermometer is in contact with the forehead. You will not get accurate readings if it is not in contact with the forehead.
- How can i change between F and C ?
Following are the steps to help you change the unit of measurement:
1. When the thermometer is off, press and hold the F2 button for about 6-9 seconds. The screen will display “—” with an “M” at the bottom right.
2. Keep on holding the button until you see the “— °C or °F” temperature unit on the screen.
3. Let go of the F2 button. The “— °C or °F” temperature unit will start blinking.
4. Press the F2 button again within 5 seconds to change the temperature to the unit of your choice.