iproven DMT-489 Thermometer is applicable for all ages. It is perfect for parents with little children; extremely convenient to take the temperature of your youngster without them even noticing.
iProven is a brand name that stands for Mothers Proven Intellect. With its headquarter in The Netherlands the company has strong determination to impart quality life to people, by offering innovative healthcare products and tools for parents with young children.
Easy backlight screen of iproven DMT-489 makes it possible to do so effortlessly at night.
You can use the head mode or the ear mode, just a simple push of the iproven DMT-489 button will give you a measurement in no time.
|At a Glance|
|User Rating :|
|Category :||Forehead and Ear|
|Weight :||1.6 ounces|
|Batteries :||2 AAA|
|Read More on Amazon|
|Final Rating : 93|
Top 5 Best Forehead Thermometers**Thermometers which has more than 100 customers reviews.
|Rank||Name||Product||Rating||Read more||See Prices|
|1-||iProvèn DMT-489 Medical Ear Thermometer||93||Iproven Forehead Thermometer DMT-489 Review||Read More|
|2-||Innovo forehead and ear thermometer||92||Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer Review||Read More|
|3-||Braun Forehead Thermometer||92||Braun Forehead Thermometer FHT1000 Review||Read More|
|4-||Tempir Body Temperature Thermometer||92||Tempir Body Temperature Thermometer Review||Read More|
|5-||Easy@Home||91||Easy@Home Thermometer Review||Read More|
3. iproven DMT-489 Thermometer Setup Instructions
3.1 First use
When using this product for the first time, the battery protection tab must be removed. Remove this plastic tab by gently pulling it out of the battery compartment.
3.2 Replacing Batteries
- To replace the batteries, follow these instructions:
- Release the battery cover by gently sliding it down.
- Take off the battery cover.
- Replace the AAA-type batteries in accordance to the depicted polarity.
- Replace the battery cover and make sure the four pins of the cover are in the gaps.
- Close the battery cover by sliding it upward until you hear a click.
4. Operating instructions for iproven DMT-489 Forehead Thermometer
4.1 How to get accurate measurements
To ensure accurate measurements, follow these instructions:
- Please make sure that the temperature sensor is absolutely clean.
- Please make sure that the device is used in a closed room where there is no strong breeze or draft.
- Coverage of the forehead and the ears by hair or a hat will make the forehead and the ear warmer; therefore make sure that the forehead or the ear has not been covered during 5 minutes prior to the measurement.
- Please make sure the forehead is dry and clean before measurement to prevent the sensor from getting stained.
- Before measuring the ear temperature, please clean the ear canal.
- Please be aware that intense emotions and exertion before taking a measurement can affect the accuracy of the reading.
- If the Iproven thermometer is transferred from one environmental condition to another that has a different ambient temperature, it is suggested to wait at least 30 minutes to get the thermometer adjust itself to the new conditions in order to get the most accurate reading.
- Do not hold the Proven thermometer in your hands unnecessarily as it is highly sensitive to heat. Holding the unit for more than 3 minutes can result in inaccurate measurements.
4.2 How to use the Head-mode
To measure the body temperature from the forehead, follow these instructions:
- Cover the iproven DMT-489 thermometer with the sensor cap.
- Start the Three Point measurement by pointing the sensor to one side of the forehead.
- Lightly touch the skin next to the eye and start holding the Head button.
- Keep holding the Head button and lightly touch the spot between the eyebrows and the other side of the forehead, next to the eye.
- The measurement is now completed and you can release the Head button.
- You can read the temperature from the display.
4.3 How to use the Ear-mode
To measure the body temperature from the eardrum, follow these instructions:
- Take off the sensor cover to expose the sensor probe.
- Pull the ear backward and upward.
- Gently insert the sensor into the ear canal.
- Make sure the sensor points in the direction of the eardrum itself.
- Press the Ear button once.
- A beep indicates the measurement is successful.
- Read the temperature from the display.
The most accurate measurement will be obtained when the sensor probe has a direct view of the eardrum.
Straighten the ear canal by tugging the ear upward and backward to get the most accurate measurement.
To measure your own temperature, wrap your free hand around the back of your head and pull your ear upward and backward.
Aged between 6 and 12 months Pull the ear backward.
Aged 1 year and older Pull the ear upward and backward.
4.4 Memory retrieval
Each time successful measurement is performed the measurement data is stored in the iproven DMT-489 thermometer memory. The thermometer memory has a capacity of 20 sets of data. To retrieve stored data sets follow these instructions:
- Make sure the iproven thermometer is off. If it shows anything on the display, leave the buttons untouched for 10 seconds. 2. Press and hold the Ear-button for 4 seconds until the display shows “- – -M”.
- Press the Ear-button once to get the last measurement in the display. 94.28 ºF 98.24 ºF.
- Press the Ear-button once more to get to data set 2.
- The data consists of the measured temperature and the saved type of measurement as shown by the accompanying symbols.
- To shut down the Proven thermometer press the Head-button once.
4.5 ˚C / ˚F switch
To switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit follow these instructions:
- Make sure the iproven DMT-489 Thermometer is off. If it shows anything on the display, leave the buttons untouched for 10 seconds. 2. Press and hold the Ear-button for 10 seconds until the display shows “- – -˚C” or “- – -˚F”.
- Release the Ear-button.
- Press the Ear-button once to switch from ˚C to ˚F or from ˚F to ˚C.
- Wait 5 seconds for the thermometer to save the setting and shut off.
- Desired action: Please store the Proven thermometer at room temperature.
- Meaning: Ambient temperature dropped below 10˚C/ 50˚F or exceeded 40˚C/ 104˚F. – 11 –
- Error: Display shows “ ER1” + backlight is red + 3 beeps sound.
- Error: Display shows “ ERC” + backlight is red + 3 beeps sound .
- Meaning: EEPROM data reading error or the correcting process is not finished.
- Desired action: Please contact your supplier.
- Error: Display shows low-voltage signal (not blinking).
- Meaning: The battery voltage is below 2.61V±2%.
- Desired action: Please replace the batteries according to the instructions.
“ L˚ ”: Measurement is below 32.0˚C or 89.6˚F in Head-mode or below 0.0˚C or 32˚F in Ear-mode/ Ambient temperature mode. Please make sure you are following the instructions on how to get accurate measurements.
“ H˚ “: Measurement is exceeding 42.2˚C or 108˚F in Head-mode or over 100.0˚C or 212˚F in Ear-mode / Ambient temperature mode. Please make sure you are following the instructions on how to get accurate measurements.