- How long is the probe? Can it easily reach in the center of a big roast or a loaf of bread?
The probe is 2.75″ long so it should reach the center of anything up to 5.5″ thick.
- How to change it from °F to °C ?
You can switch from F to C by accessing the F/C switch which is located under the battery.
- Can you leave in food while grilling?
No, you can not leave it.
- What type of battery does this take?
- Does the thermometer beep or make any sound upon obtaining the temperature?
No, the Javelin PT12 doesn’t but the Javelin PRO Duo does have a temperature stabilization alert function.
- Are batteries included ?
Yes, batteries are included.
- Is Javelin PT12 thermometer dishwasher safe?
No, it isn’t.
- Does it turn off automatically?
Yes, after 60 minutes. To turn in back on, simply retract and open the probe again.